Social media is a big part of everyone’s lives. That includes for businesses. It’s a great place to share what’s happening with your business, showcase employees, share awards, interact with customers, and identify and court new customers. It’s also a great place to find employees. Here are some tips for using social media to attract employees:
Think like an employee
- According to Search Engine Journal (https://www.searchenginejournal.com/social-media/biggest-social-media-sites/#close?) the four most popular social media sites, in order, are Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. If you don’t already have business accounts on these sites, be sure to do that immediately. Make sure you have an interesting and engaging “About” section, as well as a link to your website.
- LinkedIn is a great resource for businesses looking for employees. Have your employees connect your business’ profile to their LinkedIn profiles. When you have a job to post, add it to the “jobs” section of LinkedIn. Be sure to share it! In the “search” bar you can type in key words and locate candidates who possess required experience and skills. You can send a connection request to potential candidates. Once they accept your request, send them a personalized note to see if they are open to talking about the position you have open. Also, if you have any connections in common, you can ask them to introduce you.
- On Facebook, invite your friends to like your business page. Ask your employees to do the same. Facebook now has an area where you can post jobs. Share the postings and ask others to share it also.
- Twitter is a great place to use #hashtags. When you post a job opening, add relevant #hashtags including the location of the position and some relevant keywords. You can also search for potential employees using keywords.
- Instagram is a great place to really showcase your brand. Add photos of your work. If you’ve won awards, add those. Recognize employees. Like Twitter, it’s a great place to use #hashtags. Make a #hashtag for your business and include it in every post. For example, for Talent Tap we use #talenttap in all of our posts. Users can follow #hashtags so they see all of your posts.
- Be sure to keep your social media pages fresh by updating your content on a regular schedule.
Leveraging social media is an effective, relatively inexpensive recruiting tool which also builds your brand! Feel free to reach out to us here at Talent Tap with any questions!